Sunday 4 April 2010

No.271 Of Friends Family & Celebs

This weekend was all about family and friends oh, and as it turns out, a few celebs too.

I stayed at my cousin Jens in Chester or thereabouts. Chester is a lovely city and somewhere that evokes many happy memories for me from my days as as boy when I would visit Gran who lived there and walk the Roman walls, jog alongside the River Dee or go shopping at Woolworth for the next round of school equipment for my pencil case.

On Saturday I attended my cousin Richard's 40th birthday in Altringham. It was also his wife's birthday and their 17th wedding anniversary. The party took place above another in a nightclub attended by it seemed a number of celebrities including Janice Battersby from Coronation St and Onslow from Keeping Up Appearances. Nephew David was star struck and kept disappearing to the mutual Gents to see who else he'd bump into there.

Also there was third cousin William and his wife Michelle. Little Willy as he was once known is a big bloke of whom it would be wise not to tangle. A motley bunch when you think about it rather like those in the party downstairs I suppose...

No comments:

Post a Comment