Friday 12 June 2009

No.81 Of "Oh Ah Cantana" & Other Communiques

In a bored moment yesterday I was trying to work out how many ways I can contact members of staff outside my office door to call them in for a meeting without actually getting up off my chair. Pamela & I reckoned five : phone, text, Skype, email, Twitter. As technology development are we all destined to lose our inter-personal communication skills I wonder and how will we know when this has happened? Perhaps it's when I stop a face-to-face meeting which clearly isn't working and request that we all continue it at our PCs through Skype?

I'm busy divising our training week today. Just when I thought we might struggle to fill four days' of training I'm actually having trouble squeezing it all in. Loads of other things to do today including devising the Annual Review programme for November of this year. It needs to be the best yet.

Off to see Eric Cantana movie tonight. "When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea." Could be a different movie methinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment