Monday 19 July 2010

No.351 Of Damned if you do and Damned if you don't

I watched "The Damned United" last night starring Michael Sheen. By golly he's a great actor. He'd got Brian Clough off perfectly. Clough lived his life giving masterclasses in how not to manage a team so how he dd it so successfully remains a mystery to most of us. What was clear from the film was that his partner Peter Taylor was useless without Clough and likewise Clough wasn't much good on his own either.
Perhaps a bit like George Best the lovable rogue will always be remembered for his one liners. "I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the country but I must be amongst the top one" and "Rome wasn't built in a day but I hey wasn't involved".
The two of them fell out towards the end of their career which seemed to finish them both. At the end they couldn't work together or live without each other. Tough in football and in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment