Tuesday 9 March 2010

No.255 Of that Drowning Feeling

That's it. I'm going to a coach. A swimming coach that is. I'm fed up with being overtaken so convincingly by others who seem to be stroking far fewer times than me each length and certainly blowing a lot less too.

One guy (a tri-athlete) advised me this morning to look in front so your head is 40% out of the water. Another said I should breathe both sides every other stroke while a third suggested I should be drawing an "s" shape with each arm as it pulls under the water. I tried all at once. I almost drowned. Back to the drawing board me thinks.

I've loads to do today and it's a question of which first and how quickly. I shall practice the new art of slowing down to speed up and see where I am by the end of the week. Drowning again quite possibly.


No comments:

Post a Comment