Monday 16 November 2009

No.182 Of White Dogs and a Caine

Yesterday was a great day. I went hiking up the Sperrins with some friends and a dog (a white lab) which was to become more useful than I had first expected. The hillside was remarkably boggie and after a good deal of rain it was difficult to be sure that you were not about to disappear into a bog similar to the one that starred in Hound of the Baskervilles and accounted for at least one baddie if I remember rightly. Hence said dog was brought forward and ordered to lead the way as we duly marched behind watching carefully to see if four legs disappeared and become one head at any point. It didn't in case a member of the RSPCA is reading this.

Last night I went to the flicks and saw Harry Brown - Michael Caine's latest film. It was good. He was even better but the plot is a bit predictable and I've seen it in at least two films before.

I think I can now lay claim to be a regular 40 a day man having swam 40 lengths four times in succession. I believe I've conquered the sheer bordeom of it all by running through in mind the forthcoming day's diary. Yes I know not very exciting but marginally better than concentrating on the bottom of the pool for one direction then the other 20 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment