Monday 10 August 2009

No.126 Of Punishing Schedules

Wow what a day. It started at 7.30a.m. with a dip in the pool and 30 lengths. This consisted of the standard 20 plus 10 as punishment for doing no exercise at all over the weekend.

It's 20.38p.m. and I'm still at work sending increasingly impatient emails to barristers requesting replies to emails sent weeks ago. Why are they as a creed so difficult to communicate with when they are meant to be master communicators?

We heard today that we have been shortlisted for the National Training Awards and should expect a visit at some stage this month or early next. Yet another reason to tidy my desk.

I'm meeting Eddie McArdle tomorrow of the General Teachers' Union which should be interesting. This will be my second of three visits to Belfast this week. If I could have stuffed all meetings in one day I calculate I could have saved something like 4 hours working time this week. But it wasn't possible - or at least that's what I'm trying to convince myself lest I have to punish myself for sloppy diary management by doing another 10 lengths of the pool early tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment